- Plant Milks are now very ‘on trend’ but Oatly were the first company to ever make oat milk (some 35 years ago).
- As a strong values driven company that want to inspire change, Oatly know that it’s ‘cooler’ to help people change their lives and do something for the planet than it is to focus on profit margins. They don’t consider themselves a brand – they are a ‘voice’ that helps people eat healthier without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources.
- Their product has always been exceptional but because their focus is not about selling a lot of products, they ‘sell a lot of products’ and have an extremely loyal following. So loyal that Oatly can’t keep up with global demand and their consumers still support them!
- Based on overwhelming success in other markets, Oatly knew they could recruit a super passionate following of future forward-thinking consumers for the Australian market by executing a precise strategy, and after comprehensive due diligence, DKSH Grocery Connect was selected as the right partner to help them do so in Australia.
DKSH Grocery Connect Service Provided
• Demand Planning Function
• Inventory Ownership – CIF
• Freight Forwarding
• Sales Functions (Key Accounts + In-Store Execution) • Local Execution of Global Marketing Strategy
• Localised Strategy
• Regulatory and Compliance
Our work together
• We first launched into Australia with a very focused top tier café strategy to set brand and product credibility amongst influential Baristas and coffee connoisseurs, before then launching into targeted retail stores.
• We focused on hand-picked areas – these are areas we believe are part of the shaping of culture IN THAT City – to increase awareness for our oat milk.
• We supported this with a mix of targeted social media, outdoor advertising, and point of sale for retailers and cafes – all designed to spark debate around why consumers should be consuming oat milk for the sake of the environment, and their health.
• This focused roll out has been critical for brand success.
• Brand loyalty is already sitting at a retail measure of 10/10 and most weeks we set a
new sales record and bring new customers to the category which is why Oatly also receives a retail measure of 10/10 for net new customers, RSV growth and return on space.
• We are acutely aware that it is the Oatly brand and superior product that drives this sales performance and so it is our job to ensure we honour the brand while also having a strong sales and supply function operating in the background.